- Rainbow Dust Powder Colour (your choice of colours)
- Cocoa Butter
- Fine Brushes
- Palette Tray
Painting onto cakes has become more and more popular in cake decorating, and you don't have to be an artist to create stunning effects.
Here we show you examples of how to use our Powder Colour dusts to achieve great results, with colours from our range, mixed with cocoa butter.
Place two or three buttons of cocoa butter into each section of the palette tray. Place the pallet tray into the microwave to melt the cocoa butter. Add small amounts of Powder Colour dust to achieve your chosen shade, and that it is of a good painting consistency. Now you are ready to paint, whether its flowers, dots, scrolls etc., the choice is yours !!!!
This simple painting technique can be used directly onto cakes, lollies, wedding favours and even simple side designs using chocolate hearts. You can even paint onto chocolate buttons, using them to put onto cupcakes or mini loaf cakes, the ideas are endless!
- You don't have to be an artist to create great results, however practice onto a piece of chocolate first.
- If your coloured cocoa butter sets, just place back into the microwave to melt.
- You can even set your palette tray in warm water to create a bain-marie. This will stop your cocoa butter setting too quickly, giving you more time to paint.
- You can use this method of painting directly onto a chocolate cake, floral patterns look great!
- Don't be afraid to experiment with patterns and colour combinations.